Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wouldn't it be nice...


Wouldn't it be nice to be as famous as Chris Brown? If you haven't heard the recent news about Chris Brown, after he attacked fellow singer Rihanna, he is now being allowed to see her and have contact with her. He abused her one night when they were a couple, and they have recently been seen chatting and making amends.


Ah, this must be the life. To abuse someone and then turn around and be forgiven just like that. I mean, everyone must go through the exact same thing, right? Forgiven so easily and paid for commenting on an article. What a pile of crap! I mean, honestly. Let's think about this. Chris Brown abused Rihanna, and as a star, of course the entire world found out. But instead of facing the repercussions that others would, he is let off with a warning.


I know that this has been discussed in previous blogs, but I would just like to reiterate how stupid celebrities take their power. They are not the most amazing people in the world. I have seen my share of talent here on campus, and some of our students have more talent than some of the celebrities who gain millions of dollars for their performance.


Maybe I am alone here, but I am tired of celebrities taking advantage of their figures. They get out of so much because of a movie they have been in or a television show they appeared on. It is to the point where most of the laws being broken are not being enforced because the ones breaking them are too good to punish? Shia LeBeouf after his DUI was told to go back to work. He was not allowed to do anything extensive because he hurt his hand during the crash.


Okay, so next time I get picked up for a DUI (not that it has happened), I will just tell the officer I have to get to a movie set. If it works once, it should work for me.


Celebrities are to the point where their public image is no longer apparent because they are doing good things. It is different if a person is the center of attention because of donating to a charity or something of that sort. However, when one hears a story about celebrities doing things that ruin their reputation, than that is very different.


For instance, Zac Efron, everyone's favorite High School Musical star, was recently in the news because his mother bought him condoms. If this is not a hard-hitting news story, I do not know what is. Is there a reason that this is being reported, and especially since Efron's main fan-base are children. Some of these children probably do not even know what a condom is, so why tell them?


Celebrities need to realize that there is more to society than what they do in a movie. Because one day, and I hope one day soon, celebrities will be treated like people. The United States is founded that all men are created equal, but I guess celebrities are the exception to the rule.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I blogged about Chris Brown and Rihanna when this first happened. I havn't heard much about it lately, so them speaking and making amends is news to me! Not only is he "let off easy" but HOW can Rihanna even look at him after what he did? Girls can be so stupid, and the Media can be so annoying. Good chocie in blog, it was really interesting to read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you wrote in your blog completely about celebrities getting off the hook easily. Most celebrities that end up in trouble get off pretty easy for the most part or if they do get fined, the fine doesn't mean anything to them anyways because of how much money they make. One things that bugs me a lot is celebrities make money when they get in trouble and sometimes it brings their publicity up. It just makes me sick how much celebrities can get away with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that celebrities take their fame for granted. And even more so, I think I've seen much more talent locally than most of these celebrities possess.

    I was watching American Idol last night with a friend and we were talking about how a lot of those contestants sound better live than celebrities sound recorded!

    It's pretty amazing some of the stories they come up with about celebrities. I read some of them, and then wonder why that was even relevant to my day.

    Good post

    ReplyDelete